After completing the introductory
training seminars, program participants begin working as field
organizers on actual campaigns. Each participant is given an
area of a candidate's district to organize. The work is
focused on activities that will hone the participant's political and
• Understanding and engaging the self-interest
of voters and opinion
• Persuading undecided voters.
• Motivating people to vote and
• Organizing motivational
meetings and events.
• Creating winning teams.
• Voter contact operations.
• Volunteer recruitment.
• Meetings with community,
political, labor, business, and religious organization leaders.
• Advancing the candidate at
visibility or other mass voter contact events.
• Updating data files with voter
• Managing volunteer phone banks
and door-to-door canvassing.
• Gathering organizational and
institutional lists from the community.
• Managing voter registration,
absentee ballots and early vote programs.
• Executing Election Day
All this work is focused on building a
well-organized and efficient grassroots operation for Election Day.